one spaghetti squash
two to three plum tomatoes, diced
two leaves kale
bunch of basil
two cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt and pepper
1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove thick stems from kale.
- Julienne kale and basil using a chiffonade: stack leaves, then roll them together tightly and slice thinly using a sharp knife.
- Mix tomatoes, basil, kale, garlic, salt, and pepper and set aside.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and place face down in a baking dish with 1/2 inch of water.
- Bake squash for one hour and remove to let cool for 10 minutes.
- Using baking gloves and a fork, flip the squash over, and carefully comb the inside of the squash until it shreds like spaghetti.
- Add tomato mixture to spaghetti squash boats, and top with cheese.
- Bake again on the bottom rack for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.