Supreme Grapefruit & Radish Salad with Grapefruit Balsamic Dressing
When our livestock manager, Rachel, takes a visit home to Riverside, she brings back bags upon bags of fresh citrus from the local farmers that sell at the California Citrus State Historic Park Farm Stand: oranges, tangelos, tangerines, and grapefruits. They're so delicious and so fresh and we're always looking for ways to use them all up! I recently learned how to "supreme" a grapefruit which was, dare I say, supremely enlightening! The bitter taste that so many people associate with grapefruit is actually due to the pith (the white spongy tissue that lines the inside of the rind), the membrane walls inside the grapefruit. When you supreme a grapefruit, you remove 100% of that bitter tissue leaving only the sweet essence of the fleshy fruit. This is why grapefruits are generally served halved, with a spoon to cut out just the juicy sections of fruit. This can be done with other citrus as well, including oranges and lemons.
The beautiful pink grapefruit and radishes with bright green and red salad mix is visually appealing, but just wait for the supreme flavor when getting a mouthful!
3 Radishes with Tops
1 Large Grapefruit
1/4 lb Microgreen Salad Mix
2 oz Chevre
1/8 cup pine nuts
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp honey
2 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette
1/4 cup olive oil
1. Top radishes, wash both roots and leaves
2. Wash Salad Mix in a colander and let air dry
3. Toss radish leaves and salad mix together in a serving bowl
4. Thinly slice radishes and add to salad mix
5. Supreme the grapefruit and save the juice in a mixing bowl (if you've not done it before, here is an excellent video tutorial!)
6. Add grapefruit to the salad
7. Crumble chevre and sprinkle pine nuts atop a salad
8. For the dressing, add salt, honey, and balsamic vinaigrette to the grapefruit juice in the mixing bowl. Whisk heavily until ingredients are blended. While whisking, slowly drizzle in olive oil until mixture is emulsified.
9. Dress salad and toss just before serving.
#microgreen #saladmix #grapefruit #cheve #pinenuts #radishes #balsamic #salad
Disclaimer: We use the Amazon affiliate link program and if you click on a link we may get a small commission.