Brussels Sprouts are probably my husband's favorite veggie. No, scratch that. They're definitely my husband's favorite veggie. He's really a meat and potatoes kind of guy. He eats his burgers with just meat, cheese, and bun only. He loves growing veggies but he doesn't really like a lot of them: peppers, hot or sweet, tomatoes, eggplant... nope, nope, nope. But I know I can cook him two or three servings of Brussels sprouts, and he'll dust them! Add cheese and cream? He'll probably dust five servings!
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb Brussels sprouts, outer leaves and stems removed
1 onion, thick sliced
1 cup chicken broth
2 tbsp chopped tarragon
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
2 tbsp butter, thinly sliced
1. preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Start by braising the Brussels sprouts. Heat olive oil in a cast-iron skillet, and add whole Brussels sprouts and sliced onions. Saute on medium-high heat until onions are translucent and Brussels sprouts are browned on multiple sides.
3. Add chicken broth and tarragon and simmer on medium-low for about 10 minutes, or until mostly tender; then remove from heat.
4. Drain remaining chicken broth from skillet, and add heavy cream. Stir, coating brussels evenly, and then sprinkle the cheese and bread crumbs, and top with sliced butter.
5. Bake until golden brown, approximately 10 minutes. Let cool before serving.
#brussels #sprouts #tarragon #gratin
Disclaimer: We use the Amazon affiliate link program and if you click on a link we may get a small commission.