1/2 cup EVOO plus extra for garnish
1 lb linguiça sausage
1 yellow onion, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 lbs of Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
8 cups water and/or broth
1 bunch kale or collard greens (thick stems removed, chiffonade)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Slice linguiça into 1 inch medallions.
2. In a soup pot, pour 1/2 cup EVOO and heat over medium-low.
3. Add linguiça medallions and saute in EVOO, stirring occasionally for 3-5 minutes. When finished, use a slotted spoon to remove the linguiça and hold it in a separate dish.
4. Add chopped onions and minced garlic to the pot, and saute until translucent, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
5. Add diced potatoes, saute for 2 minutes.
6. Add water/broth, cover the pot , and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower reduce the heat to simmer 15-20 until the potatoes are soft.
7. Using an immersion blender, puree the soup.
8. Add the greens to the soup, bring the soup back to a boil, and then simmer for 2 minutes.
9. Season with salt and pepper.
10. Ladle the soup into bowls and add linguiça medallions. Tradition states just one piece of linguiça is served per bowl, but feel free to add a few! Serve warm with bread.
Disclaimer: We use the Amazon affiliate link program and if you click on a link we may get a small commission.